Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Powerpoint for Presentation No.2



Reflective Comments:

As an overall impression, I felt I could do not my best. Regarding the context, I thought I had a very interesting topic, but it turned I did not have enough to time to inform my presetation. In other words, my topic was a bad choice. Some of the comments stated that some parts were hard to understand so I failed to achieve one of my goals; to successfully deliver my message so the audience can easily understand m presentation.
As for the others,I realized I had been looking at my script throughout the presentation. This was probably caused by my lack of preparation time. Although I practiced a lot beforehand, I lost confidence when I stood in front of the classd. I could not emphasize the points and pause at the important parts to advocate my main points. To add, I could not use body language because I was holding my script.
As a result,I did not achieve my goals for this presentation. However, I found some good points after looking at the video. One was the fact that I was able to catch the audience's attention in the introduction; but only the inroduction(since my body was confusing) And the other is that I did not studder as much as I had been. Since I talk fast, I tend to studder alot in my presentation; but I was able to speak smoothly overall. (maybe because I had the script???)
The Q&A went very well in my opinion. I went straight to the Q&A right after my presentation then ended smoothly. But I felt that I had more time for Q&A to get used to it more.

Goals for my future presentation:

1. Choose a topic which is easier to understand and appropriate for the time alloted.
2. Not read the script as much.
3. Use more body gesture to emphasize.
4. Practice and prepare at an earlier time.

9 comments:

  1. Things I liked!:
    - Interesting topic and nice Q&A! I hope I could read that book too.

    Suggestions:
    - Structure of the presentation can be organised more so that over repetition can be avoided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this black background is very effective for this theme. I liked the structure of this entire presentation: starting from what we tend to do/to be told, and then moving to the [what should you do?] slide.

    Suggestions: Maybe you could have used more pauses and emphasis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really interesting academic topic! I liked how you made slide because it is matching your presentation very well.

    Suggestion: Manybe you could simplify your contents so that audience could understand your points better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that this topic would actually help the audience. And I liked the first visual that you used for the title page.

    suggestions: as Kaya said, I think you could simplify the topic more cause it was a little confusing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good repetition of points, and the examples that you made were interesting.

    Suggestions:
    You must use your body language effective and not read the script too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things I liked:
    The way you asked, "What should we do?" and also interesting content. It was easy to listen because you spoke in a good speed.

    Suggestions:
    It could be better if you add your own experience or example.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not know why my comment disappeared (maybe my mistake though) but I'd try to comment again.

    Things I liked:
    I like your introduction of the presentation very much. You got attentions and actually I got really interested in your topic.

    Suggestions:
    I guess you can improve the content with your own experience because we, as human beings, tend to like hearing stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kohei,

    My general impression was that you communicated some profound and practice wisdom that will be useful for all of us to keep in mind. I like cognitive science topics like this a lot. "How we think" really affects what we do in life, so there is no doubt that you chose a valuable topic and two useful points "Don't let up in the last 10%" and "Don't follow the manual" to share with us.

    Likes:
    -Nice first graphic on slide.
    -Nice tone of voice and expression. Deep, philosophical.
    -Nice topic and points, as mentioned above.

    Suggestions:
    Many of these have already been covered in your reflections and classmate comments, but in my notes I wrote:

    1) Your points tended to be abstract, so more developed visual illustrations or examples (such as stories) would have strengthened the impression.

    2) Include the book's title.

    3) Try practicing and presenting WITHOUT your script in your hand. I have a feeling that you do not need it, and your communication effectiveness will improve because you will speak more naturally with eye contact.

    ReplyDelete