Monday, January 11, 2010

Goals for Presentation No.1

Purpose - To get used to speaking in front of an audience since I have not done a presentation for a while. Therefore, I decided to choose a fairly relaxed topic. Also, I want to tell a message with some jokes to the audience.
Audience -8 AEP students and teacher at ICU.
Logistics - 3min. limit, computer, project with about 5 slides max.


1. Preparation/Rehearsal
I will use my experience to brainstorm about my topic and write it down on a piece of paper. Then, I will group them to fit the slides. Lastly, I will make my slides clear and easy to read. I will intentionally not do a rehersal to see how much I can do without having much preparation time. No notes.

2. Content / Overall Impression
I want the audience to see the basic differences of a "mom" bicycle and a drop-handle bar bicycle that I have. Also, look at the merits and demerits the bicycle has. From this message, I want to conclude by saying that cycling is an enjoyable and relaxing outdoor activity but also emphasize that you should follow the rules and remember safety first.

3. Voice
I want to speak in a relaxed low toned voice in order to clearly state my message. To add, since I talk fairly fast in conversation, my other goal is to speak in a slow voice.


4. Body Language
Since I tend to move alot in presentations, I want to keep still and use my hands and face to fully express my message to the audience. Also, although it is a basic step, I want to make sure I will use my body language the most when I want to emphasize the main points.


5. Visuals
I want to use slides that are simple, easy to view, and to the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment